Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

The Destination of Vanessa EmeraldGlade Part III

I woke up to a banging on the door. When I opened it up- no one was there. But as I was closing it I heard a loud energetic voice call out "Wait!" Wondering where the voice came from I stepped out from the doorway and then tripped.

"Oh!" laughed a little plump frog in a purple formal "I'm sorry if I was a bit to small, I usually stand on my desk..." he explained.

"Oh, no, I'm sorry!" I said sticking out a hand "My name's Vanessa EmeraldGlade" He grabbed my hand and I pulled him up

"I know," he said "I am your teacher, Professor Balestrom! Do I need to give a summary of storm?" he asked

"Ohhhh nooo, no. I'm fine!" I replied

"Well, OK! Storm School starts at 10 o'clock! See you soon, Ms. EmeraldGlade!" he shouted as he made his way back a rainy brick building.

I closed the door and turned around to the sight of Catherine standing there with her arms crossed and hip standing out.

"You woke me up. Do you know how important today is?" She asked

"Um, no, I was talking to my new teacher" I said

"Well, today is the day Mason and I go to a private picnic on one of the Olde Town cliffs. So why did you wake me up!" She demanded

"I'm sorry if I did but I didn't mean too. I think you need to go back to sleep" I suggested

"I was until you-"

Suddenly Jessy banged her pillow, trying to make noise "Oh just shut up! Go back to sleep!" she shouted. That got her to stop. She just rolled her eyes and crawled under her covers. I grabbed my Timberland jacket off the hook, opened up the door and closed it.

I walked through the sparkling roads of Ravenwood Academy. I realized that it was a whole lot nicer than my old school. It was like a mini city here, filled with bustling students with folders containing magical papers and documents, flashing lights of students practicing spells in the corners or behind schools and chattery students talking amoungst themselves of every bench. Maybe even the accasional kiss was traded between the two. This place was truely magic, it was a perfect land- until I saw the real thing. The truth to the rumors people have been whispering through the small town- a gaping hole stood before me.

"Woah" I thought to myself. Suddenly a boy came up to me.

"Hey there! Are you the new student?" He asked.

"Yes, who are you?" I asked

"I'm Malorn AshThorn, an old death student, until the school was ripped from the school grounds." He replied

"Wait, the rumors WERE real?" I replied

"Yeah! One year ago Malistaire, the old death teacher, went crazy and disappeared. The day after- the school was gone. It's a mystery, really." He said "I use to be his top student in my mind, so if you want to ever learn some death spells, I can teach you some."

"Oh cool, thanks!" I said and continued on my way

"Hey Vanessa!" shouted a name from behind. I turned around and saw Mason

"Oh, hey" I said

"Why so bummed?" He asked

"I'm not! I'm feel fine!" I replied

"No, you are sad. You said 'Oh hey...' not like 'OH HEY!'" He said and put of a duffie face on

I laughed "I'm sorry, OH HEY MASON!"

"HULLO!" He said. We started to laugh a little bit. Everything was fine- until she walked over. Catherine started to strut down the path of Ravenwood, with a smirk on her face, ready to show how much she loaths me. It was funny to watch how everyone stopped and moved out of the way, I wouldn't be surprised if they all bent down on their knees and prayed they wouldn't be teased.

"Uh, I have to go, I'll see you later Vanessa!" He said rushed ahead and grabbing Catherine's arm and pulled her in the other direction. I think the person I like the most here is Mason, someone you can have fun with and drag away trouble. You could tell he was scared of Catherine. The way he makes nervous smiles and laughs with her and his shakey hands. He looks like a chihuawa getting sprayed with a water from a hose when he's around her.

I finally found came to the front of my school. It was a large brick building with some ingravings of lightning bolts on some walls. It had large wooden doors with a storm cloud plaque in the middle. I pushed open the doors and came to a magical classroom. A class that you could only dream of, oragami dolphins and walls jumped from textbook pages, just popping up and jumping into the next page. Students sitting on their desks and talking while making sparkles in the air with their wands, even some popular girls with makeup supplies enchanted to do the work for them. Chalkboards in the back of the room righting down the lessons as the teacher tries to climb up the bookshelf to reach something (I must remind you, he's a frog). I sat down at a desk in the corner, I always felt more comfortable in the back of the classroom. And pretended to look for something under my desk so no one would see the new girl. Finally the teacher must of found the book because he seemed to of been done climbing on the table and shouted

"Settle down! Rebecca, off the desk, settle down! OK class," he said. I knew what would happen next 'please welcome Vanessa' "I'd like to welcome a new Diviner to the class, Vanessa EmeraldGlade!"

"Hi Vanessa." They said. None of them seemed happy, how could they not? They're learning magic!

"Vanessa is from a different planet, that doesn't believe in magic." He said. He shouldn't on said that.

Someone raised their hand "Um, then why is she here." he said

"Well, the headmaster and the faculty decided we needed someone special to help us with something" He explained

"So you got someone with NO EXPERIENCE?" Shouted out a girl.

"Just forget it, now onto todays lesson...." He said

Everyone looked at me with disgusted faces. Maybe this school wasn't exactly a paradise...

_________________________________________

Thank you Ethan for helping revisions in my last to chapters, please, continue!

Till next time
Happy Wizarding!

No comments:

Post a Comment